So just realized we should have a blog page on our site. Here you go…
So we have our new website and now the blog so let me update you on what’s going on with our bike ride.
- July 1st we will be opening registration through our site.
- Our ride is going to be October 2nd.
- Dan Marx is our key-note speaker (you will want to hear him this year!)
- Look for our car in the Nordic Fest parade.
- We will have a online store open July 1st through September 13th? we will confirm this.
- Store will open again after the bike ride.
- All funds left after the ride will be given to the Winneshiek Medical Center’s Foundation.
- Donations can be made on our site.
- This year will just be the 10 Mile loop.
- Next year we are planning on the Mike’s 50. So that is 50 miles out on the road.
- We will also have a bouncy house with Covid2019 exceptions.
- Swag bags will be given out to those who register.
So this year we are focusing on Suicide. Amanda has walked in these shoes and went public. It is important to know that keeping this quiet kills more people than helps. We have to get the word out about Suicide !! There could be sign or not but if you are reading this and are thinking about suicide or have attempted suicide get help! Reach out to someone before it is to late. The feelings you are feeling will come to pass. I know if have have talked to people you feel like slapping them for saying this but, the difference is Amanda has walked in those shoes and gone into very dark places. She had to accept help before things have changed. It did not happen overnight or a few years but she is now making progress. There is help out there. Check your local hospital/clinic or google psychologist near me. If you are in the Decorah Iowa area Ronald Hougen at the Winneshiek Medical Center has changed my life. He has a long wait list so the sooner you tell yourself you need help and will accept it, the sooner your life can change. If you want to talk email us email@example.com or leave a message through our site. Please do not become a statistic or someone you love.
- Suicide Prevention – Free Hotlines: 1-800-SUICIDE; 1-800-784-2433
- Adolescent Crisis Intervention & Counseling Nineline 1-800-999-9999
- Boys Town National Hotline 1-800-448-3000
- Child Abuse Free Hotlines 1-800-4-A-CHILD (1-800-422-4453)
- Eating Disorders Awareness and Prevention 1-800-931-2237 (Hours: 8am-noon daily, PT)
- Eating Disorders Center 1-888-236-1188
- Family Violence Prevention Center 1-800-313-1310
- Food Addiction 1-800-841-1515
- Gay & Transgender Hate Crime Hotline 1-800-616-HATE
- Help Finding a Therapist 1-800-THERAPIST (1-800-843-7274)
- Mental Health InfoSource 1-800-447-4474
- National Adolescent Suicide Hotline 800-621-4000
- National Child Abuse Hotline 1-800-422-4453
- National Domestic Violence Hotline 1-800-799-SAFE (1-800-799-7233)
- National Institute of Mental Health 1-888-ANXIETY (1-888-269-4389)
- National Mental Health Association 1-800-969-6642
- National Runaway Switchboard and Suicide Hotline 1-800-621-4000
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK
- National Teen Dating Abuse Help 1-866-331-9474
- National Youth Crisis Hotline 1-800-448-4663
- National Victim Center 1-800-FYI-CALL (1-800-394-2255)
- Panic Disorder Information Hotline 800-64-PANIC
REGISTRATION AND ONLINE STORE ARE OPEN !!!!!!!!! JOIN US PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!!